Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stags Leap


Ahhh....vacation. We rented a gorgeous cabin up in the Blue Ridge Mountains for about a week with my parents and sister. We brought all the dogs and packed up Lee at 3 am for the trek to Georgia. It was a long trip! Lee was amazing in the car, sleeping on and off for the better part of the trip. Once we hit the Georgia border, I got a speeding ticket. Vin and Lee were none too pleased! The dogs didn't bark at the cop, but they were mad at me too!


We finally arrived to the mountain, Double Knob Mountain and began the ridiculously long journey to the TOP of the mountain! We were so high up there! I am not a navigator, but somehow always put myself in that position. I navigated us into a wrong turn that brought up even higher than we were supposed to go and as I backed us up, we slid into a ditch! Needless to say, I sat in the cold as the sun was setting waiting for a tow truck to find us out there and pull us to safety. I have to say, again, Vin and Lee were none too pleased.

Once we got to the cabin, called Stags Leap, all was well and we had an awesome time!


I thought Florida sunsets were beautiful....















In our cabin we had 3 floors, one floor was even a game room!




Outdoor fireplace that was going the whole time we were there, I think we exceeded our alloted wood usage...

This is our view from the patio!



Jacky led us on a hike to the creek... Lee loved the walk, however, Vin and I were sweating in 30 degree weather! Vin has his stick, in case of bears! He is such a city boy.







We found a real deal babbling brook, it was pretty neat, I wanted to drink out of it, but I didn't.






a mini waterfall










Flying mountain baby!




Vin's cousins like in a town pretty close to where we were, so we made a trip off the mountain to see them one day. We haven't seen them in close to 4 years! They were HUGE!



Anthony looks just like Uncle Pat.






The Bertuna Boys, and a girl









Emma slept most of the time, Teddy followed me everywhere! He loved wearing his jacket, it was cold!



One of the coolest things was that when I went to brush my teeth on the first night, I found a ladybug on the faucet and another on the mirror of our room. Most of you know that we call Leah, Leah Bug and her whole room is decked out in ladybugs... how neat was that? in 30 degree temperatures at the top of a mountain, a ladybug came to see us ;)







Our roaring fires


Bugs cheeks got so cold, they would turn pink, too cute!













Happy new year!


Love that leah bug

2 comments:

Chanel said...

You guys looked like you had a fabulous time! I love the picture of Leah wearing her little white hat....so cute! The real question is...how fast were you going when you got the ticket?

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Love that smile! Her eyes are so sparkly and loving! You can see how loved she is! YUMI!!